Sunday, February 20, 2011

Simplest Peach Chops

I collect cookbooks. Strange I know, but I can't get enough of them. I love to flip through the pictures of wonderful meals and imagine myself cooking them. My husband sometimes brings them home for me when he travels on business (I always get a cookbook when I visit another place). He brought this one home for me a few weeks ago and I recently made this scrumptious dish from it. I always love to pare fruit with pork. This was easy and fast.

1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp ground black pepper
6 boneless pork chops, cut 1 inch thick (I just used the pork chops I had on hand-bone in)
2 Tbs olive oil
1/2 c. peach preserves,
2 TBS Dijon mustard
1 TBS water

1. Rub salt and pepper on both sides of the chops. In a medium skillet, over medium-high heat, heat the oil. Add the chops and cook for 2 minutes on each side or until browned. Reduce the heat to medium; add preserves, mustard and water. Cook, covered, for 3 to 4 minutes on each side or until the internal temperature reaches 150 degrees F.

No comments:

Post a Comment