Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Cheese Sauce to Die For



Tonight we had a less than spectacular dinner (does Dino-nuggets even count for that much?) I wanted to make something that could spruce it up a little. I made this broccoli with cheese sauce on it and it was pure HEAVEN! I was even eating the cheese sauce by itself...just thought I would share in case you haven't made it before.

Cheese Sauce:

2 TBS butter or margarine
2 TBS flour
1/4 tsp salt
1/8 tsp pepper
1/4 tsp ground mustard
1/2 c. cheddar cheese
1 c. milk

Melt butter in saucepan over low heat. Stir in flour, salt, ground mustard, and pepper. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture is smooth and bubbly; take off heat.

Gradually stir in milk. Put back on burner and heat to boiling, stirring constantly. Boil and stir 1 minute and then add cheese.

I poured over steamed broccoli, but it would be good over anything. I think it would even be good over macaroni for homemade macaroni and cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment