Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Grilled Honey-Mustard Pork Chops and Rice Pilaf



These are so good! I am always looking for different recipes to grill with meat other than beef and chicken. I love this Betty Crocker pork recipe.

Honey-Mustard Pork chops

Honey Mustard Glaze
1/4 c. honey
2 TBS Dijon mustard
1 TBS orange juice
1 tsp chopped fresh or 1/4 tsp dried tarragon leaves (I left these out and it was still good)
1/2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
Dash of onion powder

Mix all ingredients together.

Grilling:

4 pork boneless loin chops, 1 inch thick

Brush grill rack with vegetable oil. Heat coals or gas grill for direct heat.

Cover and grill pork 4 to 5 inches from medium heat 14-16 minutes, brushing occasionally with glaze and turning once, until slightly pink in center. Discard any remaining glaze.


Rice Pilaf:

I always love to get this when I go to restaurants, but never make it. I saw this in the same Betty Crocker cookbook and decided to give it a whirl. It was actually really easy. I don't know maybe you already know this stuff, but I told you I am figuring it all out.

2 TBS of butter or stick margarine
1 small onion chopped (1/4 cup)
1 cup uncooked regular long grain rice
2 cups chicken broth
1/4 tsp salt

Melt butter in saucepan over medium heat. Cook onion in butter about 3 minutes, stirring occasionally, until tender.

Stir in rice. Cook 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Stir in broth and salt.

heat to boiling, stirring once or twice; reduce heat to low. Cover and simmer 16 minutes (do not lift cover or stir); remove from heat. Let stand covered 5 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment