1 quart vanilla ice cream
3 cups crushed Nilla Wafers
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
3 egg whites
2 quarts oil for frying
- Scoop ice cream into 8 - 1/2 cup sized balls. Place on baking sheet and freeze until firm, about 1 hour.
- In a shallow dish, combine Nilla Wafers crumbs and cinnamon. In another dish, beat egg whites until foamy. Roll ice cream balls in egg whites, then in Nilla Wafer crumbs, covering ice cream completely. Repeat if necessary. Freeze again until firm, 3 hours (or longer, the night before would be great).
- In deep fryer or large, heavy saucepan, heat oil to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Using a basket or slotted spoon, fry ice cream balls 1 or 2 at a time, for 10 to 15 seconds, until golden. Drain quickly on paper towels and serve immediately.
- drizzle with honey, chocolate sauce and whipping cream. Yum.