Friday, July 29, 2011

Corn Bread

Our family celebrated Pioneer Day last Sunday with some good ole Pioneer cuisine. Corn bread was a must on the menu and the kids actually really loved it, which I was skeptical about. This corn bread is so good and perfect with a bowl of chili to accompany it. Found in this cookbook.

1/2 cup butter or margarine, room temperature
1 cup sugar
2 eggs
1 cup yellow cornmeal
1 1/2 cups flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1 1/2 cups milk

Cream butter, sugar and eggs. In a separate bowl blend cornmeal, flour, baking powder, and salt. Combine creamed mixture, dry mixture and milk. Blend. Bake in a greased 8x8 inch pan at 375 degrees for 35 to 40 minutes.

2 comments:

  1. Do you LOVE this recipe? I just made some cornbread this week and it turned out so crumbly. I decided to remake it this week to find out where I went wrong, but if your recipe is tops, then I'll try yours!
    Let me know!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do love this recipe and the boys did to!

    ReplyDelete