Thursday, July 9, 2009

Cinnamon Rolls



1 c. mashed potatoes (I use instant)
2/3 c. shortening or margarine
1 c. scalded milk
1/2 c. sugar
2 eggs
1 Tbs yeast (mixed with 1 c. warm water)
1 tsp salt
7 c. flour

Mix shortening, potatoes, sugar and milk. After milk has cooled, add in yeast mixture. Beat in eggs, salt and add flour.

Knead for 15 minutes, Let rise 1 to 2 hours. Roll out in large rectangle. Spread butter over the entire surface. Sprinkle on cinnamon/sugar and brown sugar. Roll up dough. Cut into rolls. I use a piece of dental floss because it doesn't smash the rolls. Place on greased cookie sheet. Bake at 375 degrees for 20 minutes. Frost if desired.

Cream Cheese Frosting:

3 c. powdered sugar
2/3 c. cream cheese softened
2 Tbs. milk
1 1/2 tsp vanilla

Add ingredients together and beat until smooth.

2 comments:

  1. steve loves this recipe! I need to make it again.

    I was wondering if you have a good zuccinni bread recipe? I have so much zuccini from our garden and need a good/healthy bread recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a life saver! I got a recipe from a lady I work with and looked at it and gave up just from looking at it. This seems doable! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete