Saturday, October 3, 2009

Taco Soup



I know this is such a basic recipe, but that is what this blog is all about. I had a roommate when I lived in Washington D.C. that would make this all the time. I forgot the recipe she used and then my sister gave it to my sister-in-law for her wedding. My sister-in-law just gave it to me yesterday. Thanks Stacey, I have missed how good and simple this recipe is!

1 lb of ground beef (I don't use as much, if you like more go ahead!)
grated cheese to taste
2 cans of garbanzo beans, undrained
2 cans of kidney beans, undrained
2 cans of pinto beans, undrained
2 cans of corn, undrained
2 cans of stewed tomatoes, undrained
1 packet of taco seasoning
Fritos corn chips
sour cream

In a stock pot brown beef (I usual saute some onion as well to brown with the beef). Then add cans of pinto beans, garbanzo beans, kidney beans, corn and stewed tomatoes. Add packet of taco seasoning. I let this simmer for about 15-30 minutes to combine the flavors. Serve with sour cream, cheese and Fritos.

1 comment:

  1. I made this for Tyler and he LOVED it! He even asked if we could have if for leftovers the next day! SUCCESS! Thanks for posting this recipe!

    ReplyDelete