Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Heavenly Turkey Burgers

Okay I am adding a lot of "heavenly" stuff lately, but the name "Turkey Burger" just didn't fit this amazing burger. I made these for my family for our little Superbowl party. They were HEAVENLY. I can't even describe how in love with these burgers I am. Luckily we had some leftovers that I have been hoarding. They are even better the next day.

I have switched my family over from ground beef to ground turkey. The word on the street is that it is just better for you, lower in fat, and I feel better about serving it to the family (ya know, limiting our red meat intake). Most of the time I don't even notice the difference. There are a few things that I still use ground beef for, but for the most part, we are a ground turkey family and I actually think it tastes better. Well, I was skeptical of making hamburgers with ground turkey. That is one of the avenues that I had always thought ground beef was better, not after these babies. They are HEAVENLY (I really was looking for a different adjective to describe them, but heavenly just fits). Okay here is the recipe. Go here to get it off the site I got it from. I changed it up a little based on one of the commenter's suggestions.

3 lbs ground turkey
1/4 c seasoned bread crumbs
1/4 c finely chopped onion
1/2 c. finely chopped red bell pepper
2 eggs beaten lightly
1/4 c. chopped fresh parsley (I LOVED this ingredient, fresh is the only way to go for these)
6-10 splashes of Worcestershire sauce
1 clove of garlic peeled and minced
1 tsp salt
1/4 tsp ground pepper
(I only had plain bread crumbs, so I also added some freshly grated Parmesan cheese, onion powder and garlic powder in place of my seasoning in the bread crumbs and it was delish.)

In a large bowel mix ingredients together. Form 12 patties (I formed 6 huge patties...maybe too huge).
Cook the patties in a medium skillet over medium heat, turning once, to an internal temperature of 180 degrees F (85 degrees C).

We grilled ours on the grill outside and then added Swiss cheese to them. The result was...heavenly.

No comments:

Post a Comment