Sunday, February 20, 2011

Shepherds Pie

Okay I know that this is a recipe that a lot of you have grown up with. It is pretty basic, but the funny thing is that I had never tasted Shepherd's Pie until I was married. I instantly LOVED it, and now my kids love it too. It is also a great way to use left over mashed potatoes.

1 pound ground beef (I used ground turkey)
1 tbs olive oil
1/2 c chopped onion
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1 14 oz can green beans
1 10 3/4 oz can tomato soup
1-2 c. mashed potatoes (I make these with butter, salt and milk-just like what you would make to eat
2 c. grated cheddar cheese

Cook ground beef in olive oil. Add onion, salt, pepper and saute until the onion is tender. Put into a greased 9X13 casserole dish (I use a pie plate). Layer green beans (drained) on top of meat mixture and spread the tomato soup on top of that followed by mashed potatoes. Sprinkle cheddar cheese over casserole and bake for 30 minutes at 350 degrees.

No comments:

Post a Comment