Sunday, February 20, 2011

Malibu Chicken

I have to admit I was skeptical of this recipe at first. It just seemed too simple to be any good. Well I actually really liked it. It is from a really cool cookbook that I picked up at a Women's Expo called "What's For Dinner." It is a really cool concept actually. This gal put together menus and recipes for 30 weeks. I am always wondering what to make my family so I thought this was great!

1 cup water
1 tsp chicken bouillon
6 boneless chicken breasts
6 slices ham
6 slices Swiss cheese

Bring water to a boil in large skillet. Add bouillon and stir until dissolved. Remove from heat. Add chicken breasts and marinate for 15 minutes, turning frequently. Bring to a boil on high heat. Lower heat and simmer for about 20 minutes, turning every 10 minutes until no longer pink inside. Place a thin slice of ham and a slice of cheese on top of chicken. Cover and cook for another minute or until cheese starts to melt.

No comments:

Post a Comment