Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Beef Pot Pie

One of my favorite things is to reinvent left overs. To serve it to my family at another meal completely disguised as something else. This is what I do to my left over roast. If it is only roast and no potatoes or carrots, I put it in this stew and just add the potatoes and carrots. If it is roast, potatoes, carrots and gravy, I like to make this little number. When we were in England there was a lot of meat pies, so this recipe always reminds me of England.

It is pretty easy and doesn't really have exact instructions. My mom made it growing up and I always loved it.

2 pie crusts (homemade or store bought)
Left over roast
Left over potatoes
Left over gravy
Salt and pepper to taste
Sauteed onions are optional (I usually have left over onions in my mixture of veggies, but it does need a little bit more onion in my opinion).

I put one pie crust in my pie plate, put in the cut up cooked veggies and meat, pour the gravy over the top, put the other crust over it and cut some slits in it to let the steam out. I bake it with a strip of foil around the edges at 425 degrees for about 35-40 minutes (until the contents are hot). Take off the foil in the last 15 minutes of baking.

P.S. Many people in our family like this dish with ketchup. Just an idea :)

No comments:

Post a Comment