Monday, April 4, 2011

Velveeta Salsa Dip

I first had this dip long ago when Josh and I lived in Texas. We had a party and someone brought this heavenly little number. After than I sort of forgot about my amazing salsa dip experience. A few weeks ago we were excited to watch the BYU basketball game (too bad the game wasn't as good as the dip) and we needed some snacks. This dip came to my mind. I looked through my cookbooks to find something similar and guess what-I found the exact dip that I had tasted all those years ago. Serendipity huh? It is found in this cookbook (that I need to buy a new copy of because it is falling apart.)

1 lb Velveeta cubed
1 (8 oz) jar salsa or picante sauce
2 TBS chopped cilantro
1 (16 oz) can of refried beans (optional)

Stir Velveeta, refried beans and salsa in saucepan on LOW heat until cheese is melted. Stir in Cilantro.

*I have made this recipe a few times now and I change the quantities up based on the flavor we want. I like a more "salsa-y" taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment