Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cookies



I am a chocolate chip cookie lover. I try a spin on the classic with these. My kids call them brownie cookies.

* 1/2 c. softened butter
* 1/2 c. shortening
* 3/4 c. white sugar
* 3/4 c. brown sugar
* 2 eggs
* 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
* 2 cups all-purpose flour
* 2/3 cup cocoa powder
* 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
* 1/4 teaspoon salt
* 2 cups chocolate chips (I used milk)
* 1/2 cup chopped walnuts (I love walnuts and make my family suffer through them)


DIRECTIONS

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2. In large bowl, beat butter, sugar, eggs, and vanilla until light and fluffy. Combine the flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt; stir into the butter mixture until well blended. Mix in the chocolate chips and walnuts. Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets.
3. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven, or just until set. Cool slightly on the cookie sheets before transferring to wire racks to cool completely.

No comments:

Post a Comment