Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Chocolate Fondue


I love fondue, but I have never made it. Today is National Chocolate Day and I wanted to do something special for my family (pay no attention to my poor scratched table). I decided chocolate fondue for dessert would be perfect. I wanted to make it from scratch as I had some high expectations. I found this recipe on epicurean.com. Here is the original, but I tweeked it a bit. The original is for dark/semi sweet chocolate lovers, that isn't me. I added a little more sugar and cream and it came out more like a fudge sauce. We loved it! My little boy ended up with two fondue forks in is had saying "this is a good idea!" We had a great time.

Ingredients:
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 cup sugar
3/4 cup heavy cream
1 tsp vanilla
Directions:
Melt butter in a medium saucepan. Remove from heat.

Add cocoa, sugar, and cream. Heat until smooth. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla.

Serve with slices of fruit (banana, pineapple, strawberries, apple), chunks of pound cake and marshmallows.

No comments:

Post a Comment