Sunday, July 11, 2010

Honey Lime Fruit Salad



I made this salad for a Fourth of July picnic. It is so good and tastes so fresh. Also really easy to throw together. I got it on My Kitchen Cafe. I love the taste of the lime zest in it. Although it isn't as pretty the next day, I think the lime taste intensifies and I LOVED it.

*Note: This fruit salad is best served right away (or at least within an hour of making) because the strawberries tend to stain the light colored fruit.
Serves 4
1 (20 oz.) can pineapple chunks, drained well
1 can mandarin oranges, drained well
2-3 ripe kiwi, peeled and sliced into thick half moons
1 cup green grapes, halved
1 cup strawberries, quartered
Zest from one lime, about 1 tablespoon
2 tablespoons honey
1 teaspoon poppy seeds (optional)
Combine the fruit in a medium-large serving bowl. Add the lime zest and poppy seeds, if using, and gently toss. Drizzle the honey over the fruit and again, gently mix until the fruit is evenly coated with the honey. Serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment