Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Creamy Slow Cooker Chicken


Don't you love slow cookers? You put in the ingredients and then... forget about it (I hope you inserted a Brooklyn accent when you read that last part). So I prepared a yummy chicken dish that was super easy (remember me? Miss Simplified).

Here is the yummy recipe... *note- the recipe makes a ton. So I'll give you the original and you can prepare it according to your individual family needs. Seeing how I was making din din for two... I cut it way down.

Creamy Slow Cooker Chicken

8 boneless, skinless chicken breasts

1/2 cup butter, melted

2 envelopes (o.7 ounces each) Italian salad dressing mix

1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened

8 cups cooked rice


Dip chicken in butter and then sprinkle generously with dry dressing mix. Place chicken in a 6- to 7- quart slow cooker. Mix any remaining butter and dry mix and pour over chicken. Cover and cook 3-4 hours on high heat or 6-8 hours on low heat. Remove chicken and stir cream cheese into liquid in slow cooker. Add water in necessary to make the consistency of gravy. Return chicken pieces and cook another 30 minutes on high heat. Serve chicken with sauce over rice. Makes 8 servings.
This was from the "101 Things to do with Chicken" cookbook by Stephanie Ashcraft... I fancy her recipes.

1 comment:

  1. Michelle so funny! Because it was you posting I totally read the first part with a Brooklyn accent and was dying when you mentioned that is how you meant it. This dish is so awesome! I love to make it, and might need to make it soon! I am so glad that you put it on here (what is up with you making your pictures look good, you are making me look bad :)

    ReplyDelete