Sunday, July 11, 2010

Creamed Asparagus-Lemon Fettuccinie


I first had this when I was a new married from my ward cookbook. It was so yummy, but I forgot about it for a while. I made it again recently and remembered why I love it.

Juice of 1 lemon
1 Tbs butter
1 C heavy cream
1 lb fresh asparagus, thinly chopped in 1 to 2 inch pieces
1 lb fettuccine, cooked according to package directions
2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
1 c. sun-dried tomatoes, chopped (I use about 1/2 cup)
ground pepper
Zest of 1 lemon
Parmesan cheese

In a small saucepan, melt butter and add cream; allow to cook at low for 3 to 5 minutes. Steam asparagus until tender; rinse under cold water. Heat oil in a large skillet and add asparagus. Mix hot cream mixture and tomatoes together and stir in lemon juice and pepper. Top hot fettuccine with sauce and sprinkle with lemon zest and Parmesan cheese

No comments:

Post a Comment